If you find it hard to separate egg yolks and egg whites, here are a few simple tricks.
- “Juggling” the egg yolk. This is the standard method. Let the egg white fall into a bowl while you transfer the egg yolk from one half of the shell to the other. Do this until all of the egg white is in the bowl, then drop the egg yolk into a separate bowl.
- After cracking the whole egg into a bowl, use the shells to scoop out the egg yolks and deposit them into a separate bowl.
- Crack the whole egg into a bowl. Use an empty water bottle to grab the yolk. To do this, place the mouth of the water bottle over the yolk and squeeze lightly on the outside of the bottle. This will suck up the yolk. Squeeze again to drop the yolk into a separate bowl.
- Poke a small hole in the egg with a needle. Drain the whites into a bowl. In a separate bowl, crack the egg completely open to release the yolk.
- If you happen to have a funnel at home, you can use this to separate your eggs! Just crack the whole egg over the top. The egg whites will fall into the bowl, and you will be left with the yolk. Turn the funnel upside down to pour it into a separate bowl.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the egg yolk out of the egg whites. Transfer this into a separate bowl.
- Buy an egg separator. This is a special tool specifically designed to separate eggs.