View my related post: Life Hack #1: Pouring Cupcake Batter or Making Cookies the Same Size.
Today I am going to tell you all of the life hacks you need to ensure that your cakes are the same size. That is, if you are making cakes.
Let’s get to it!
- Use an ice cream scoop.
- Use spoons, ladles, measuring cups, or a similar tool to scoop/pour batter into your tins.
- Use two regular kitchen spoons. Scoop up batter with one, and scrape the batter off with the other. This way you can count how many spoonfuls per tin. This method works better for cupcakes.
- Use a food scale to make sure each portion of batter is equal.
- Make the batter for each cake in a separate bowl.
- If you line the sides of your baking tin with parchment, use a Sharpie to mark where to fill the batter up to. Make sure to do this using either a food-safe marker, or just Sharpie on the side of the parchment against the tin. (See my posts on lining baking tins here and here.) To make your cakes even, you would mark a horizontal line at the same measurement on each piece of parchment paper that you are using per cake. I recommend using a ruler.
- Add the batter into a piping bag, and pipe the batter out. While this may not make the cake or cupcakes even, it makes the process easier. This method works better for cupcakes.
- Eyeball it.
That’s all for now, but make sure to help me by viewing my posts: Let’s Write a Book Together!, and Blog Survey: What is Your Favorite Type of Post on Peaches and Pastries?.
Have a great Wednesday!